Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Yuppiechef The Art of Baking: Lesson 2

I was very excited and inspired when I found the Art of Baking course from Yuppiechef, you can read about my outcome of Lesson 1.  Now I wasn't particularly excited about Lesson 2: Cookies and Biscuits. They have never came out WOW for me and I also found the whole process tedious rolling the dough, cutting the shapes, baking a batch, then again rolling, cutting, baking... 

The recipe in the lesson was for Lemony Butter Biscuits and OMG they came out amazing! These are really the tastiest biscuits I have ever made and probably one of the best I've tasted. Can't believe I made them LOL. Funny how sometimes in life you find a treasure when you don't expect to. So this recipe is a definite winner and I can't wait till A gets a bit bigger so he can help me with the cookie cutting. 

I also learned a neat tip that you can freeze the biscuit dough. So I can keep some dough in the freezer and make the biscuits when I need them, and not have to roll, cut and bake for hours.   

On to lesson 3:Bread :)

Simple and really really yummy lemony butter biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment