Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

A's 2nd Birthday

Wow 2 already! I can bearly believe it and I have to admit it's very emotional for me. Much more then the 1st birthday. The last 2 years were such a blessing to watch A grow and develop. Words cannot describe how much I love him and how he teaches and inspires m to be a better person.

But the last two years were also challenging and a big adjustment for me. I also have to admit that I wasn't sure that I wanted more children. I could bearly understand how people had 2 kids, 3 were just wow. Now I want more, many many more. lol. But Id efinately want another one. And if it wasn't for DH's PhD I think we'd start sooner. I just have to be patient and try to get healthy.

The last two years have been amazing, can't wait to see what the next one will bring.

Anyway here is a list of things A can do now:
  • A can now RUN. He crawled for 6 months and I can barely remember any of it. Now he RUNS!!!
  • He had his first haircut a week ago. Also emotional and bittersweet. (A hated getting his hair cut so I'll try to wait a long while before I go again)
  • He is enjoying jungle gyms. Loves to climb ladders and stairs. Recently he's even learned to go down the slide without my help.
  • With mixed feeling I have showed him some shows and he's really enjoying them. His favourite are: Blue's Clues, The Jungle Book and Winnie the Pooh.
  • His playroom is starting to get good use. Loves to hammer things and can build a mean tower. Also shows affection to his stuffed toys.
  • He is doing the movements at Kindermuzik when we say hello to each child. E.g. Stomp feet, clap, stars, hammer, boxing, etc.
  • Is starting to talk more and more. Says two words like "Pooh Bear", "Baby Bear", "New Car", Hot Day". 2 Syllable words like "Daddy", "Puppy".
  • Has learned "No!" :) :(
  • Still likes books, we're enjoying Dr Suess now.
  • We've had 3 flights since his 1 st Birthday! The flight to the US nearly killed my, the others were local and were easy peasy :) He loved the Aquarium, Scratch Patch, beach and the Penguins in CPT.
  • Is actually getting a bit less messy, especially during mealtimes.
  • Doesn't like bathing. I normally have to bride him with strawberries or chocolate.
  • He can pull his pants off. But has no interest in potty training.
  • Points to objects and correctly identifies it to Mama, Dada and Baba. (He especially loves doing that to dinner plates.)
  • Loves fruit and oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment