Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

My Garden

I'm a total noob when it comes to gardening. When we moved to our house 3 years ago it was the first time I would have a garden. Sadly the only plants I could identify were the roses (and the lawn LOL). Yes, I had to learn from scratch! The garden was also very neglected and required a lot of work. It was neglected again when I became pregnant.

Now I hope to work on the garden during nap times. I plan on bringing in more indigenous plants since I figure they will be easier to care for and won't require so much watering. I also hope to start a herb garden.

I can actually identify a few plants now!

Front garden:
Delicious Monster
Aztec Grass
Mondo Grass
Agapanthus (white)
Wild Iris
Jasmine
Strelizia
Wild Garlic
Cat's Tail
Hibiscus
Hydrangea
Beetroot

The back garden has two flower beds. One in front of the house, the other is near the boundry wall.
In front of the house I have:
a pond:
yesterday-today-tomorrow
Stinkwood
Cannas
Irises
Lavender
Roses
Gardenia


By the boundry wall I have:
Karee Tree
Bouganvillias
Agapanthas
Clivias
Bamboo
Arum Lilies
Mondo Grass
Clivias





No comments:

Post a Comment